Based in Turku, Finland
|USD||$5.99 per episode|
|EUR||€5.99 per episode|
DescriptionThe Detail is a new adventure game from Rival Games that takes the player to the streets of a crime-ridden city and into the shoes of Reginald "Reggie" Moore, a veteran detective grown frustrated with the lack of justice, and Joseph "Joe" Miller, a former confidential informant now dragged back into the life of crime he barely escaped. The player will need to investigate criminal activity, scenes of murder, arrest suspects and interrogate them for information, all while trying to navigate the pitfalls of an underworld where every choice holds consequences. Inspired by classic adventure games from Westwood and LucasArts and new series from Telltale Games, combining HBO's cop drama The Wire and with hand-drawn graphic novel art driven by the Unity engine, The Detail promises to raise the bar for dramatic interactive narrative. The story began on PC, Mac and Linux in 2014 and on iOS in 2015.
- Dramatic narrative tailored by the player's choices
- Detailed crime investigation based on realistic police procedure
- Graphic novel art style crossed with TV police drama narrative
- Deep mystery and multiple subplots in a modern American city
The Detail Launch Trailer (Episode 1) YouTube
The Detail Episode 2 - From the Ashes - Launch Trailer YouTube
The Detail Episode 3 - Devil in the Detail - Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Game Connection America Selected Project Finalist 2014" San Francisco, 2014
- "Strasbourg European Fantastic Film Festival Official Selection" Strasbourg, 2014
- "If the choices made in this episode pay off with meaningful, lasting consequences, then The Detail could elevate itself to the same level as The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us."
- Geoff Thew, HardcoreGamer
- "The judgment? This is a must-play."
- Darren Kwok, The AU Review
- "The Detail is a cleverly constructed, creatively presented, and expertly written (episodic) tale taking us into the dark side of crime."
- Dakoda Barker, Impulse Gamer
About Rival Games
Rival Games is an independent game developer in Turku, Finland comprised of passionate and talented individuals with a diverse international background. Our core, cross-disciplined team is developing new innovation in interactive storytelling, and we are currently at work on various commercial projects.
More information on Rival Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Detail Credits
CEO / Co-founder
CTO / Co-founder
Thomas Kight III
Graphics / Co-founder
Audio / Co-founder
Lead Audio Designer
Intern / Programmer